March 15, 2010

Inner City Hoops at Willye White Center

Every Friday through April 23, the Inner City Hoops League is playing basketball at Willye White Community Center. Youth 13-15 from area schools are participating and everyone is welcome to come cheer on the teams. Games are between 5:00 – 7:30 PM.

GEDC0051 Both Teams The Red Team Sharon and Shamari

The Willye White Park Advisory Council is participating too – we’re selling hot dogs, chips, cookies and bottled water with proceeds going toward after school and summer camp tuitions for underprivileged area children. During the Holiday Break, we sponsored several children who attended the two week Park District winter camp. We are currently sponsoring children in several after school programs with our 80% discount coupons. Parents pay the other 20% and volunteer time to the park when needed. Stop in, grab a hot dog and enjoy a basketball game.

If you are interested in our council and fundraising, please join us tomorrow night at 7:00 PM for our monthly Park Advisory Councils meeting at the facility at 1610 W. Howard. We’re working on a summer fundraiser and all ideas are welcome!

No comments: