July 18, 2009

In Memory of Lexie

Lexie


July 15, 2009

Dear Family & Friends,

I am writing to you with profound sadness to let you know of the passing of my beautiful dog and companion Lexie. She left us Tuesday July 14th at the age of 15 ½ after a 3 month bout with cancer. With the help of the Compassionate Care Vet and Dr. Shanan, surrounded by family and friends, Lexie went to sleep and died peacefully in my arms at home while listening to Bach solo violin. It was a good and peaceful death and we could not have asked for anything more.

Lexie was a gentle giant, a peaceful dog with a very old soul. Her favorite thing to do was to be wherever I was and I of course took her everywhere that she could possibly go. She was a true party animal who attended many gatherings, loved socializing and was always right in the middle of everything. Lexie loved to run on the beach and then jump in the lake and swim. Even right up until the end she would go right in and wade around.

Lex 3

I think one of the main reasons that Lexie lived such a long and happy life was because she listened to so much music. She spent many years in my studio, greeting everyone at the door and laying on her blanket or at the feet of students listening to the violin. She was so happy being there and being the recipient of so much love and attention from all of my students and their families.

Thanks to you all who over the years were a friend to her and to those who kept her while we were away….especially in her later years.

Lexie was the greatest gift and I thank God everyday for putting her in my life. She truly was an angel in disguise and I am honored that I was given the gift of being her caretaker for all of these years.

Stacia

Lexie Squint 2

3 comments:

loulou said...

She was the matriarch of the neighborhood, and her gentle ways will be dearly missed. Deepest sympathies to the family for their loss.

The North Coast said...

Lovely post, and great photograph of a beautiful face.

I live here too said...

I am sorry for your loss. It sounds that she had a very happy life, and a peaceful end.