June 6, 2008

Petunias For Peace

Saturday, June 21st at 11:00 am
Gethsemane Garden Center
5739 North Clark Street



Studies show that blocks where homeowners display seasonal decor or engage in active "yard maintenance" they do see a reduction in crime. Our goal is to promote community pride and plant the seeds of peace.

Dear Neighbor,

I am a concerned grandparent and proud Chicagoan. The much publicized increase in violent crime and gang activity has left me very apprehensive about the state of our City and what this hot summer may bring. After a few sleepless worried nights, and much discussion with my family and employees, I have come to realize that perhaps I can make a difference.

I am donating 300 flats of petunias to public schoolchildren in the Rogers Park/Edgewater community. In so doing, I hope to positively impact these children and their families this summer.

Additionally, I am offering special pricing ($8.00 each flat) on 400 flats of petunias for any neighbor in need at our kick-off event (limit two flats per family). Flats of petunias are also available at the regular price of $14.99.

Planting diagrams, expert advice, and support are available at Gethsemane Garden Center to any participating family.

I hope you will join Petunias for Peace and take a stand for our community and our children.

Yours Sincerely,
Regas Chefas, Owner
Gethsemane Garden Center

No comments: